Do you love the County’s South Shore?
Want to help protect, preserve and restore these public lands?
Keen to play a small or big role in the South Shore’s future?
Help us Create the Future of our South Shore on October 1, 2022!
What: A Community Conference for EVERYONE
Where: The Waring House, 395 Sandy Hook Road, at the roundabout Picton, Prince Edward County
When: Saturday, October 1, 2022, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
How: $50* per person, includes lunch, refreshments and snacks
Why: Because YOU want a permanently protected Prince Edward County South Shore
where together, biodiversity and people thrive
We invite YOU to join us for an exciting line-up of local and provincial environmental subject matter experts including:
- Keynote speaker Michael MacDonald, executive director, Bruce Trail Conservancy
- Keynote speaker Adam Biddle, chair, St.Williams Conservation Reserve Community Council
- Speaker Samantha Cava, nature network organizer, Nature Canada
- Volunteers and environmental advocates John Hirsch, president; Cheryl Anderson, vice president; Amy Bodman, director and Geoff Craig director, South Shore Joint Initiative
We’ll kick off the morning with some thought provoking, inspiring speakers and the latest news about our much-anticipated new South Shore Conservation Reserve. In the afternoon, we’ll break into interactive workshops and explore how we can all come together in support of:
- A New South Shore Conservation Reserve
- Advancing Biodiversity protection
- Creating a legacy Footpath
- Identifying and protecting Cultural Heritage
- Designing Public Events and Fundraising
We hope YOU will join us on October 1st and help Create the Future of our South Shore!
*Ticket holders in attendance will be entered into a draw for:
“Untouched – The Rugged Beauty of the South Shore” generously donated by artist Judy Plomer
a 20”x 20” original oil painting valued at $650 (see art below)
Conference attendees only will be entered in the draw.
Questions? Contact Cheryl Anderson at [email protected] or 613-849-7743
We appreciate helpful program support and involvement from
Nature Conservancy Canada & Nature Canada
We are grateful for generous financial support from
The County of Prince Edward, The Bronskill Group Inc.,
The County Foundation, & Nature Canada
“Untouched – The Rugged Beauty of the South Shore” by Judy Plomer
Do you like this page?