What is the South Shore Joint Initiative’s vision and mission for the South Shore?
Vision: Our vision is a permanently protected Prince Edward County South Shore where together biodiversity and people thrive.
Mission: Together, our mission is to educate and advocate for the protection, preservation and restoration of South Shore lands and waters.
What organizations are part of South Shore Joint Initiative?
Founded in 2018, South Shore Joint Initiative currently includes local, provincial and national partners. They include: Alliance to Protect Prince Edward County, Birds Canada, Hastings Prince Edward County Land Trust, Kingston Field Naturalists, Nature Canada, Ontario Nature, Prince Edward County Field Naturalists, Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory, Quinte Field Naturalists
Who is part of South Shore Joint Initiative?
South Shore Joint Initiative is governed by a board of directors elected by its members. Learn about our current board members and why they are so passionate about protecting and preserving Prince Edward County's remarkable South Shore here.
How can I contact the South Shore Joint Initiative?
To learn more about us, please send an email to [email protected] or call 613-849-7743 and we will contact you directly.
You can also reach us at:
South Shore Joint Initiative
2084 County Rd 1,
Bloomfield, Ontario, K0K 1G0
Is the South Shore Joint Initiative a charity? Can I get a tax receipt if I donate?
Yes, South Shore Joint Initiative is an Canadian Registered Charity (#76995 9081 RR0001). In addition to members, it represents local, regional and national organizations that have come together for the first time to advocate for the conservation and preservation of public lands and surrounding waters of the South Shore Important Bird and Biodiversity Area.
Memberships as well as donations to South Shore Joint Initiative will receive a tax receipt. Prefer to donate via cheque? Please make payable to "South Shore Joint Initiative". To learn more about ways to donate, please email us at [email protected] or call 613-849-7743. Thank YOU!
How does the South Shore Joint Initiative fund its work?
How can I help the South Shore Joint Initiative?
Thanks for asking! Here are just a few ways you can get involved:
- Connect on Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin. Like, share and tag our content - use @southshorejointinitiative and #southshorejointinitiative
- Share your South Shore photos! To have your photos featured on social media and our website please email Katherine Rogalska
- Attend an upcoming South Shore Event (virtual and in person) and learn from experts about why the South Shore is so unique.
- Experience the South Shore in person! Join a South Shore Stroll hosted by South Shore Joint Initiative volunteers almost every month.
Volunteer with us! Help at an event, share your South Shore photos, fundraise or join a committee!
Subscribe to our news. Get "What's On Shore" our monthly e-news brief and "The South Shoreliner" our signature bi-monthly newsletter delivered to your inbox.
- Become a member, help us sustain our momentum and get a tax receipt.
- Give the gift of membership to someone who cares about the South Shore.
Shop online! We're always adding new products to our online store.
- Donate to the Hudgin Log House Restoration Project and help build Prince Edward County's first-ever Field Centre!
- Own a business and looking for corporate sponsorship opportunities? Contact us now! Email [email protected] or call us at 613-849-7743.
- Consider opportunities to donate your privately-owned South Shore lands to a land trust. Email [email protected] or call us at 613-849-7743.
- Questions about getting involved? Email [email protected] or call us at 613-849-7743.
Do you like this page?