Part Time Events and Social Media Coordinator
$30/hour for 30 to 50 hours a month
1 year contract with potential for renewal dependent on funding
Are you a community builder who loves nature and Prince Edward County? We’re hiring! In this part time role, you’ll be responsible for building awareness, engaging people and organizing South Shore Joint Initiative events and projects. Specifically, you’ll use NationBuilder relationship management (CRM) software and social media to help educate and engage people in our activities as well as encourage active support of our cause.
Based in your own office, you’ll play a critical role in our Community Building team. You’ll work directly with Cheryl Anderson, volunteer extraordinaire and VP of Education and Events and Dawn Ayer, our part time Communications Director. In this pivotal role, you’ll keep our network super organized, trouble-shoot tech and, most importantly, get the word out about Prince Edward County’s truly remarkable South Shore! We’re celebrating our 5th anniversary and eagerly anticipate the announcement of a new Conservation Reserve in our South Shore. As our events and social media coordinator, you’ll be at the heart of all we do!
In this role, you’ll:
- Support the development, planning, coordination, hosting and facilitation of events and projects
- Manage our NationBuilder CRM platform, website and community engagement tool as well as integration with tax receipt, shopping and other software programs as required
- Write, develop and discover online content as well as lead community management on social media
- Create quantitative and qualitative summaries of engagement success
- Assist with fundraising strategies
- Other duties as required
We’re looking for:
- A post-secondary diploma or equivalent in a related field
- One year of practical experience in events coordination, communications, content creation, community outreach, marketing coordination &/or related positions (including community volunteer positions)
- A flexible, proactive multitasker who excels at meeting tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience maintaining, updating and troubleshooting websites, databases and online channels
- Proficiency in the use of NationBuilder (or equivalent CRM), Zoom, CANVA and Google Analytics
- Other duties as required
How to apply in two easy steps
- Describe how you’ll help grow our online community, engage more donors and build awareness about PEC’s rare, biologically diverse and fragile South Shore.
- Email your Cover Letter and CV to Cheryl Anderson [email protected] , our inspiring Vice President. Please use South Shore digital guru as your subject line.
For thousands of years, the land of South Shore, Prince Edward County has been the traditional territory and home of Indigenous peoples. South Shore Joint Initiative is dedicated to protecting, preserving and restoring this land for all future generations. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion and are working to grow South Shore Joint Initiative into a stronger, more inclusive charitable organization. We thank all applicants; however only candidates who successfully secure an interview will be contacted by us. Learn more about us at ssji.ca.
Do you like this page?