Join us to meet the candidates for Council for Athol and South Marysburgh on October 13 at Milford Town Hall from 7 pm to 9 pm.
All the candidates for our two South Shore wards will be available to explain their platforms and answer your questions. Each candidate will have the opportunity to explain their reasons for running to be your Councillor. In addition, South Shore Joint Initiative has prepared three questions pertinent to our concerns. Written and oral questions will be taken from the audience.
We are thrilled that Judy Kent and Rosemary Kent have agreed to moderate the meeting. Judy Kent has extensive facilitating and moderating experience both here in Canada and internationally. As a retired teacher her sister Rosemary, is the perfect person to keep the meeting on time and in order.
Plan now to join us in this democratic process.
Introduction (Cheryl Anderson) (15 min)
- Overview of South Shore Joint Initiative (Mandate, Stakeholders, Accomplishments, Priorities)
- Introduction of Moderators (Judy Kent and Rosemary Kent)
- Overview of Agenda, Process, and Ground Rules (Judy Kent)
Candidates Introductions (30 min)
- Each candidate to give a 3-4 minute self-introduction – who they are and why they are running, any goals or vision for next four years
- Candidates order of presentation pre-selected by draw
- Each candidate will get a 3-minute warning
Candidates’ Responses to Pre-circulated Questions (40 min)
Candidates’ Responses to Written and Verbal Questions from Audience (25 min)
(Note: a form for submitting written questions is on the back page of this agenda)
Conclusion (5 min)
Candidates are asked to remain for 15 minutes for any one-on-one questions not dealt with during the session.
Judy Kent and Rosemary Kent have been residents of Sophiasburgh since 1999. Both have been active volunteers with a variety of County initiatives. Judy will act as Moderator, Rosemary as timer and link with Candidates. Judy has an extensive background in facilitating and moderating, across Canada and internationally.
Do you like this page?