Network Organizer: South Shore Joint Initiative (SSJI)
1-year contract with good prospect of renewal: part time with weekly hours ranging from 15 to 20 hours
The mission of the South Shore Joint Initiative (SSJI) founded in 2018, is to work to initiate, develop and promote actions to permanently protect and enhance the Prince Edward County South Shore Important Bird and Biodiversity Area (IBA). The primary goals are to protect land from ecologically harmful development and activity in order to maintain or increase the biodiversity of its terrestrial and marine ecosystems, and to connect people to nature through educational and public awareness activities.
Our initial focus is to seek Conservation Reserve Status for Ostrander Point Crown Land Block and Point Petre Provincial Wildlife Area while facilitating communication between interested individuals and parties on projects to further the long-term goal on other lands and waters, and tracking the progress of the initiatives.
The SSJI Network Organizer (NO for short) will provide the foundation for communication and engagement with the groups, funders and individuals that will enable the SSJI project to succeed. Specifically, the NO will use Nation Builder software to create, populate and maintain a database of engagers. Based out of their own office, the NO will participate in the Strategy Team and report directly to the President of SSJI.
Job Description and Duties
- Develop and manage the Nation Builder database and engagement tool with contact information, engagement status and donation statistics with inputs from other orhganizations including but limited to our partners Ontarion Nature, Nature Canada, Prince Edward County field Naturalists, Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory, Birds Canada, County Coalition for Safe and Appropriate Green Energy, Alliance to Protect Prince Edward County, Hastings Prince Edward Land Trust, Quinte Field Natualists, Kingston Field Naturalists and other stakeholders. This includes in-person, telephone and online outreach following SSJI's Engagement Organizing Principals;
- Track relationships for each person using the engagement organizing guidelines developed by Nature Canada in the SSJI database;
- Share public engagement and database strategies with local organizations to help optimise organization of the PEC volunteer community;
- Work with local organizations where appropriate to bring SSJI assistance to their local conservation campaigns;
- Involve local organizations with provincial and national conservation campaigns and events particularly linked to protected areas work and local stewardship.
- Implement engagement activities as directed using Instagram, Facebook and other social media approaches
- Manage updates and improvements to the SSJI website
- Create statistical summaries of engagement success as directed by the Strategy Team
- Collaborate and work with SSJI’s Communications Director
- Other duties as assigned and that are mutually agreed upon
Summary of Qualification and Experience
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following:
- Outgoing personality, at ease meeting new people
- Post-secondary education and minimum 3 years of applicable work experience
- Strong time management skills, ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience using Nation Builder software, tracking and maintaining database information with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with online communication techniques such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Zoom meetings and webinars
- Experience providing training or coaching to groups or individuals
- Commitment to the mission, values and work of SSJI.
The salary for this position will be an hourly rate of $20 to $25 per hour, dependent on qualifications and experience. There will be a 3-month probation period.
To apply for this position, please send CV and a one-page cover letter describing your experience and motivations for applying for this job to John Hirsch ([email protected]) with “SSJI Network Organizer” in the subject line.
Deadline: July 10, 2020.
No calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Do you like this page?